Friday, March 18, 2011

Opps. . .

Well, I kind of fell off the posting wagon there didn't I? Sorry.

I'll tell you what's been happening in store lately that has kept me so busy.
- February 26 - I headed up to Saskatoon, SK for the BuyMart. This very cool trade show where retailers purchase their clothing stock for the following season. So I was buying stuff that will arrive in August and September.
- February 27 - Hit several appointments at BuyMart and then headed back to Swift Current to prepare for . . .
- February 28 - the Lasting Impressions Bridal show. Wow! This was amazing chaos. We had 24 wedding gowns, 22 bridesmaid/MOB gowns and 17 tuxedos in the show. It went fantastic and everyone had a great time. That night I drove back up to Saskatoon for . . .
- February 29 - More BuyMart! lol Yes, I shopped for three days to find some seriously beautiful gowns and some amazing business wear and shoes for the store.
- March 7 - I zipped back up to Saskatoon to meet with Venus Bridal.

The result:
For fall arrival (meaning starting in July all in by late September) I have ordered:
- 48 wedding gowns
- 25 bridesmaids
- 15 different styles of shoes

- A cool selection of pants/blouses etc for my business wear customers
- great MOB gowns - shorter and fun vs. long and traditional
- 6 order forms worth of jewellery

By the end of October we will carry:

Bridal:
Romantic Bridal
Callista
Mon Cheri
Sofia Tolli
Venus
DaVinci
Bonny
Jai

MOB:Bella
Oblique
Party Time

Business wear:Spanner
Modium
Jana & Co
Michaela Louisa

Party Dresses:Party Time
Designers look/Jora
Micheal Philips
DK Fashions

Shoes:Bos & Co.
Sofft
Marc Fisher
Aerosoles
Kalla

For immidiate delivery I also brought in 9 new styles of shoes, a bunch of little party dresses, some MOB stuff and some really cute party dresses.



Since my shopping spree I have been receiving those orders, receiving the grad gowns ordered before Christmas and helping brides finalize their bridesmaid orders for weddings happening this summer.


One thing about wedding fashion retail, we are always working 3 to 6 months into the future and everyday feels like Christmas!

No comments: